Friday, October 30, 2009

Story Written By Me: How important you are to me… Part- 2

cont...

Victor was dejected but he accepted this fact, at least she was happy, that’s what he always wanted. After few months, Victor decided to leave that city as that city always reminded him of her. He thought at least by leaving the city, he would come out of it but it was impossible for him to forget her and so he shifted to a new city where he met new people, new friend and amalgamated himself in the new environment and didn’t contact Angel. He cared and loved her so much but she never valued it, but she started to miss that care and love. She asked herself – “Why I am feeling this?”. He was just a friend nothing more and this feeling didn’t subside and was increasing gradually.


His face kept coming in front of her in dreams, he was everywhere she saw. She wished that he would contact her soon, as his previous number was changed. This was year 1995, soon she was missing him every moment, every second. She asked herself if she is in love. Yes came the answer from her heart. Yes she was in love, but what should she do? Soon she realized what Victor must have gone through when she lied to him that she had a boyfriend so that he would stop loving him. What she didn’t know that love can’t be stopped. It’s a feeling which she understood now. What should she do now? How can she contact him? She was depressed. She cursed herself for being so harsh with him, but the damage was done!

Just when she was about to lose hope of having him back, a friend of Victor called her. Something clicked on her mind. A moment of joy… She asked him if he is in contact with Victor and asked him to give Victor’s new number. Now, she had the number but she was reluctant to call. Lot of things were going on in her mind – Does he still loves me? What if he is love with someone else? What if he is engaged? Her heart was beating at the rate of naughts. Gathering some courage, she called him.

Angel: Hello! Is this Victor?

Victor: Hi Angel! How are you?

Angel: You remember my voice?

Victor: Obviously! How can I forget that? So what’s up with you these days? Your call caught me offguard. What happened? Is everything alright? How did you get my number?

Angel: I took it from your friend. Why didn’t you message me your new number? That day you told me that we will always be friends then why did you do this to me?

Victor: I just wanted to get out of all this as I wasn’t able to bear the pain and daily suffering.

Angel: So do you have a girlfriend?

Victor: How can I have a girlfriend..

Angel: So do u still love me?

Victor: Why are you asking all this? Lets not talk about all this pleaseeeeeeeeeeee!


Angel: Victor! I want to tell you something.

Victor: yea! Go along.. say it

Angel: Victor! I love you. I love you so much. I am incomplete without you.

Victor: What are you saying? I hope this is not a joke. And if it’s a joke then seriously it’s a bad one.

Angel: I am not joking. I am serious. I love you very much Victor. I have realized now how much I love you. Do you still love me?

Angel: Yes dear! I love you. I want to know if you are ready to accept me? I am sorry for being so mean to you.

Victor: But what about your boyfriend? How can you love me? You love him right?

Angel: I lied to you that I have a boyfriend. I am sorry Victor.

Victor: Its ok.

Angel: You didn’t answer my question. Do you still love me?


Victor started to sob. He just couldn’t believe his ears. He punched his wrist on the wall to check if it was a dream. But it wasn’t..

Victor: OOOUUUCHHH!! It’s real.. I am not dreaming(Holding his wrist with other hand). I can’t believe that god is so kind to me. (and starts to cry loudly). I still love you the same way, nothing in the world can change my love for you. You are in my heart and soul. Every night I see you in my dreams and I expect you to hold my hands. I love you Angel.

Angel: Promise me that you will never leave me alone like this even if I get angry with you.

Victor: I promise you that I will not leave you ever.

Angel: Oh my love! You don’t know how much I missed you when you were not here. Please come to me soon. I want to meet you right now. I want to be in your arms.

Victor: Yes dear! I will reach tomorrow morning, I will leave right now. You are the most important thing in my life. I am really thankful to god for this precious gift!

Angel: Come soon sweetheart! I will be waiting for you.

Victor: Wow! You called me sweetheart.. I will die right here due to excessive happiness.

Angel: Shut up!

Victor: Ok ok! We will meet at the Café Corner near Alexander Road tomorrow. I will call you when I reach.

Angel: Alright.


Victor was over the moon. He couldn’t believe that life will take a U-turn all of a sudden. He was really thankful to god for giving him what he so desperately what. What he loved the most – Angel. He packed his bag and ran to the catch the tram. It was scheduled at
6 o’clock. He had to wait for couple of hours before boarding. Every minute was like an year.

His life was deserted 6 months back. He was just alive then. Blood was flowing, heart and mind were working, but he didn’t have the desire and the reason to be alive. Suddenly after her call, he was LIVING his life again. There was smile on his face. He was laughing and giggling for no reason. Everyone at the station was staring at him, they must have thought of him as some mad guy.

Soon he boarded the train; every second was like another year. He just wasn’t able to sleep and was thinking about her. This all seemed so unreal to him. Next morning he reached his destination to meet who he loved the most in this world. He reached Café Corner 1 hour before scheduled time. He was looking at the mirror again and again just to make sure that he was looking perfect. Suddenly the atmosphere inside the café changed. The atmosphere was filled with special fragrance. He turned around and IT WAS HER. WOWW!! was the word that came out of his mouth naturally, loud enough for her to listen. He gave her the garland of red roses he had bought for her.

Angel: Hiiiii, How are you? Thanks for these flowers..

Victor: I guess I am not fine – my heart beats are faster than it usually is. My blood is rushing in my veins so fast that I fear it will tear of my skin any moment.

Angel: Hey!! Have some water.. You are shivering. Calm down!!

Victor: Yea. Hmmm!!

Angel: So you are not fine?

Victor: Nope..

Angel: why did you left without informing? Seems that you didn’t miss me?

Victor: Come on! There was hardly a moment when I didn’t think about you.

Angel: Really? You love me so much?

Victor: Yes sweetheart!
Angel: Oh honey! I am sorry for being rude to you. I lied to you.

Victor: Hey its alright. Better late than never.

Angel: So lets go the park which is down the lane.

They both left the place holding hands in hands.

Suddenly, She just went close to him and hugged him tightly. (and then looked in his eyes and said) Victor I love you.

Victor: I love you too sweetheart! You are the most precious thing I will ever get in this incarnation.

Angel (smiled): Come here… I have a gift for you.

Victor: What?

Angel came really close to him and kissed him on his cheeks.

Victor: That was wonderful!!

Angel: So how long you will be here sweetie?

Victor: I am here for couple of days. I guess I have to work really hard now, for you. I want to marry you as soon as possible because now I don’t want to loose you again ever.

Angel: I am always with you honey! (sleeping on his lap)

Soon, couple of days passed and he had to leave. Both were sad but there was no other alternative. Both went to the station. She had tears in her eyes.

Victor: Hey Princess, please don’t cry. I will come back in a month to meet you again.

Angel: Ok honey! Take care.. (and she kissed him on his lips, then they hugged each other)

Angel: Bye!

Victor: Bye! That was wonderful..
(and he waved his hand to bid adieu)

Victor started working really hard, got a good job and they used to meet once in a month and the love was getting deeper and deeper. One day they both decided to tell everything to their parents, who eventually opposed. She called him at night when everyone was sleeping and there was no one to keep surveillance over her activities.

Victor: My parents are against this marriage

Angel: My parents too.. So what should we do now (and she started crying).

Victor: Baby! Don’t cry.. Everything will be fine.

Angel: No! nothing is fine and nothing will be fine.

Victor: Can I ask you something?

Angel: what?

Victor: What would you do if you have to choose one?

Angel: I want to spend rest of my life with you, just you. I can’t imagine anyone else at your place. So the question of leaving you does not arise. I just can’t do that. I love you more than I can love anyone. Hey.. But you would agree to accept me if my parents are not convinced?Honeyyyy! please don’t ever leave me. I m really scared.

Victor: Off course! Nothing in the world is more important than you. Angel, you are in my heart and soul. I can’t imagine a day without talking to you. When you were not there, I was just alive, but with you around, my soul is rejuvenated again. I love my parents and I will try to convince them, I will even plead your parents for you. I don’t want to be a bad son.. Oh god!! My love.. I miss you so much!

Angel: I love you honey!!


Angel again tried to convince her parents but they were totally against it. They were Protestants and Victor’s family was Catholic. They both tried a lot to convince their parents but the efforts were futile enough for them to agree.

They had to take a call and then there was no going back.. The time had come for them to choose one – love or parents. It was then she decided to ask her parents too.

…………. To be continued :)

1 comment:

S. said...

Seems like reading a movie script >:D<