Friday, October 9, 2009

Story Written By Me: How important you are to me… Part- I

Friends this is a fictional romantic story of “Victor” and “Angel”.

Victor, as most adolescent guys, was confused about future after completing his soft Engineering course. So he shifted to a new city hoping for a new start and new prospects. A bulky stature, shape-pointed nose and carefree Victor, he was careless about his clothes and appearance. Soon he joined an institute for further education. He was determined to give what it takes and was mentally prepared for hard work. He completed all the joining formalities, paid the fees and left for his room with his head held high. He was supposed to join the classes from next evening.

It was 5:30 in the evening; Victor came in half an hour early in the class. The feel of the classroom, at aroma of new fresh book, the long list of proud achievers stirred him up from inside. He was sitting on the batch thinking about the future. Suddenly the door opened and for the next few moments he was bamboozled. In came a very exquisite, bulky but a very sweet looking girl. Victor just wasn’t able to take his eyes off her. Her voice was so sweet as if she had recently consumed 2 kg of “Black forest Cake”. It wasn’t the first time he was seeing someone so beautiful. He had seen many beautiful girls before just like any other “bird-watcher”. But she was very graceful and trance. There was something enchanting about her.

First lecture started with an introduction. Victor was waiting for her turn, so that he can at least know her name and hear the sweet voice once again. When her turn came, she stood up and said “Hi everyone, my name is Angel” with a beautiful smile. Victor nearly had a heart attack. His heart was beating at the rate of knots. He thought “Oh my god! Even the barbie dolls won’t be cuter than her I swear”. He wasn’t able to restrain himself from looking at her time in again.

He came in home, thinking that this must be just like any other infatuation. But his mind was constantly thinking of her. This was unusual and he was experiencing it for the first time. He was waiting for the next day’s lecture. 18 hrs was like 18 years that day for him. He saw her again today and was happy. This continued for few days before Victor decided that he has to talk to Angel but wasn’t able to gather enough courage. This continued for couple of days. Next day he decided that he will definitely talk to her today at any cost. It was raining very heavily outside. He was waiting for the right moment to talk to her when no one was around. But that didn’t happen and the lecture was over. He turned back but she had already left. He ran downstairs as fast as he could and then went towards the parking basement. Angel was talking to another friend of her. So he waited for her friend to leave. As soon as her friend left, Victor hesitatingly went near Angel and said “Hi, How are you?”. She looked puzzled and replied back “Hi, I am fine, what about you”. Victor was searching for words and was mumbling “ Ahm Uhm, I was just wondering that there should be more interaction between all the batch mates”. Angel responded “Hmm! Yea…”. So Victor said “We are batch mates now and so we need to keep in touch with each other, for test updates, classes and assignments, so may I have your number. If there is any update or change in schedule, I will let you know”. Angel was shocked enough but she just didn’t want to be rude to him and he was polite enough. She gave him her number. Both left the basement after saying “goodbye” to each other.

Next day, Victor and his friends planned to come 2 hours early for practice. So he made sure that even Angel knows about this and it would be great if she comes and join them. She was more important than studies at that particular moment. So, as decided earlier, he was there on time and started practicing along with Fred, Shelly and Andy. Victor knew that this might turn out to be a big day for him and was prepared well in advance about the topic to be discussed. He was discussing the tricks with his friends. Just then door opened and whole room was filled with a luring fragrance. Angel came in, smiling as usual and wished everyone. She had worn a red top along with different thick bangles, a small pony tied on the back side, colored earrings, and black mascara just perfect for her beautiful eyes. Her lips were wet and pink without any lipstick. He was filled with Awe.
Not that he was just attracted to her physically, but she had that grace and elegance that was just perfect as per Victor. His saxophones were working alright. He was wondering that god must have taken centuries to create someone so beautiful.


He was really thrilled and was over the moon. It was a big achievement for him. He used to find excuses to message her, wish her or start a topic on SMS chat. That way victor asked her likes, dislikes, her favorite pastime, her favorite cuisine etc. She was simple, bubbly, charming, a bit orthodox and a very dexterous girl. She was a good artist. Victor was thinking about her at each and every moment. She was there in her mind and heart. Soon he realized that its not just a mere “infatuation” but much more and much deeper than that. Yes, he was in deep love with her.

As usual, victor was confused what should be his next step. Should he tell her about how he feels about her? Should he propose her? What if she stops talking to him? What if she feels that he is just like other guys and wants to have a girlfriend for time pass, fun and for the pride of having a girlfriend? All these questions petrified him. He wanted to tell her how special she is to him. How he feels her at each and every second. How desperately he wants to be in her arms. She is someone he was longing for so long. She is the one with whom he wants to get married at have dozens of kids, she is the one whom he wants to take care for the rest of his life. She is the only one whom he can happily allow to dominate for the rest of his life.

That night his mind was preoccupied with the plan to propose her and so he couldn’t sleep. Finally he slept at 4 AM, in his dreams she was with him as his wife, sleeping with her head on his shoulders. He could feel in his dreams that life is impossible without her. He can feel both of them breathing together such that each breath is incomplete without each other. The most important thing was that his love was not physical but pure and he could feel talking to her soul.

Next day, as usual, they met in class and when the class was dispersed, Victor followed Angel to the parking basement. All the way through the staircase, he was thinking and this could be the most defining day of his life. It could turn out to be the most memorable or the worst day of his life. Angel saw him r and said “Hi”, Victor timidly replied “Hi” and his body froze. All the intrepidity he had gathered vanished somewhere and he wasn’t able to speak a word. Soon she left and Victor was kicking and cursing himself for missing the opportunity. But he was firm, he wanted her to know about his feelings. After dinner, he sent her an SMS with the purpose of starting a chat on any topic.

Victor : Angel, what do you think of me as a person?

Angel : You are a nice and a funny guy, but why are you asking this?

Victor: Simply. It just came in my mind so I asked you.

Angel: Ok, so now you tell me what do you think about me?

Victor: You are the sweetest and the cutest girl on this mother earth I swear.

Angel: ha ha ha! Very funny.. How can you say that.

Victor: Because I can feel it.

Angel: Feel what?

Victor: Feel you. I can feel you with me.

Angel: I have no idea what are you talking about. Are you in your senses?

Victor: I guess yes, but I have no idea about my senses since the day I met you for the first time.

Angel: What do you mean?

Victor: I want to tell you something if you allow me.

Angel: What? Go on..

Victor: I have a crush on you.

After the last message Victor didn’t got her reply for over 15 mins. His heart was in his mouth for few minutes. He was thinking “Is this the end of our friendship too?”. Still somewhere in his heart there was semblance of a hope that he will get a reply in affirmative.

After 20 minutes, he got a reply from her.


Angel: I am just wondering what I should say. We know each other since last 15 days only and you are saying that you have a crush on me. I don’t know how to react. You caught me a bit off guard. You hardly know anything about me - my nature, my character. We are just friends. How can you even think of anything of that sort?

Victor: (Just got carried away with the situation) I’m in love with you. It might just be 15 days for you but for me, meeting you for 15 times was like 15 different incarnations. I can never forget a single moment I had spent with you. I love you from the bottom of my heart my love.

Angel: I am really pissed off by what you are saying. How dare you? You think that I am an easy catch and you can flirt and use me? I have been so nice and kind to you so you felt that you can take advantage of my situation and I won’t say a word. This is what you think, right?

Victor: no no! I didn’t mean that. I didn’t mean to hurt you. Please don’t feel bad. I just expressed my heart to you.

Angel: Ah! You feel… You all guys are sick.

Victor: Please don’t feel bad. I didn’t mean to hurt you. PLEASE!!

Angel: Enough is enough! Please don’t message and irritate me from now onwards. Bye, Gud Nite, SD.


Victor’s heart was broken, his body went numb and tears were rolling from his eyes. He felt bad not because she rejected his love but because she thought of him as a fake, characterless and a prankster. He wept for whole night but he knew that this was on the cards but its something really difficult to digest.

Next day, he went to the class again, he saw her but he just wasn’t able to face her. What she would be thinking about him. She must be feeling bad. Still, he smiled at her. She smiled back and Victor was surprised a bit to see that. Has she changed a decision? Does this smile means yes? Was she testing him? All these questions were jumbling in his mind.

He didn’t had the courage to ask her anything now, so he messaged her again.

Victor: Hi Angel, How are you?

Angel: I am as I always was.

Victor: I hope you are alright now.

Angel: Yea, I m fine.

Victor: Angel, Please don’t feel bad. I don’t expect anything from you. I believe love is a very special feeling and I am glad that I loved you and I have no regrets. But I can’t my feelings. I am not forcing you for anything but I feel that it was too early to say this to you. Obviously you have been in the position to say yes. But things can be different in future. So lets know each other more and then we can think about this. Please don’t be angry now pleaseeeee!

Angel: Victor, I am not angry but I am feeling bad for you. You will hurt yourself because you will always think that someday I might say yes. But that cannot happen as I already have a boyfriend.


Victor was dejected. His felt the earth beneath his legs shaking. He just couldn’t believe what he read.

Victor: But when I asked you, you said you don’t have a boyfriend.

Angel: Because I don’t want to discuss my personal life with anyone. But now I feel its important to tell you so that you can know the reality.

Victor: Ok! But can you tell me his name, what is he doing..

Angel: His dad is our family friend. He is studying in another city. I don’t want to tell you anything more than that.

Victor: Ok! I hope and pray that you both get married soon and I want you to be happy always. But we can be friends right?

Angel: Thanks… We can be friends but its better for you if we are not in contact with each other as it will keep reminding you about me.

Victor: Please don’t do this. All I am asking is friendship. At least I can be touch with you that way.

Angel: Alright! But you have to move ahead..

Victor: Yea. I will try.

Angel: Come on! You should search for a nice girl. You will get one soon.

Victor: One cannot search for true love, it just happens automatically.

Angel: You are living in which century dude. This is 21st century. There is nothing called true love. You can always move ahead in life. Be practical yaar!! If you want I can search a nice gal for you :)

Victor: Nope! Its fine.. I m ok..

…………. To be continued :)

15 comments:

bloggertown said...

hiya blogger
Bloggerchat team has found your blog to be very interesting and unique!

And so we invite you to become one of the authors of our website www.bloggerchat.in which is the most exciting place for all bloggers and writers out there!

You could publish your posts, get comments, enter contests, win cool gifts, gossip, fight, unwind urself and much more!

Also, register and Write at bloggerchat to win cool t-shirts, absolutely free!

Tabernacle of Serenity said...

Thanks a lot sir.. Its a matter of great pleasure to receive your invitation.. I will definitely be the part of this site.. Thanks once again!!

Dhirubhai said...

well written dude..
all I would say is that I am excitedly waiting for the nxt part!!

Priya said...

Nice writeup!!

Nethra said...

It was a good read.
Surely will read the next part sometime later.

Hetal Lakhani said...

Hey manish,

You are leaving mills and boon back. he he. waiting for the second part excitedly.

Raj Shah said...

great sir ji!! :) :D don wont to comment anything else........! hope u understand y!! :)

Dhirubhai said...

@Raj Bhai, u hv cleared that little doubt that I had in my mind!

@Manish Bhai, Raj khatarnaak hai!!

Tabernacle of Serenity said...

@ Dhiraj Bhai..

Ha dhiraj bhai.. Raj khatarnak toh hai he. Public me leta hai sabki :)

Tabernacle of Serenity said...

Please read and comment on Part 2 & 3 of Fictional Story written by me... Thanks a lot..

purplepinkbliss said...

You have talent alright... but i think u must keep reading to bring about an elevated style of writng.. There is somethign Naive about ur approach.. so i'd say keep writing its only a matter of more reading and writing...
CHeers!

Tabernacle of Serenity said...

@ purplepinkbliss

thanks a lot sir.. really appreciate that.. :)

S. said...

Good one :)

its quite common,yet interesting to read :)

keep writing!

Tabernacle of Serenity said...

hi guys, read my new post.. why role of a father is always underestimated. Hope you will like it.. do post your valuable comments there.. Thanks..

Yuvraj Lohiya said...

salute .. salute .. salute ..
sir i think i wil learn a lot from you